Thursday, June 28, 2007

I found a great new place to run a couple weeks ago. I have been upset about the lack of "trail runs" I an do in Rockford. I could drive 20 minutes to get to Rock Cut State park but it seems like such a hassle. I decided to run up the railroad tracks that run along the river next to the Bike path that I usually run on. I think I may be hooked now. I have found that running along the railroad tracks is much like trail running in that most of the time you are looking for good footing. If I am running on the ties I either skip over one(lengthening my stride) or hit each one (increasing stride turn over, by taking choppy steps) which both help you run faster.

Montana here we come. We leave tomarrow at 5am and should be arriving Saturday around the same time. I can't wait. See yall in a week!

No comments: