Saturday, November 11, 2006

Insomnia is a female dog. One good thing about it is that I have time do some posts. We had company at the house for the past couple days. Carl, a younger guy we know needed a place to crash a couple of days to get away from his mom's house. He called me up on Tuesday to ask if he could crash here. Of course we were glad to have him.

Aaron Drog(the former owner of my house, and a good buddy) was at the house with Carl watching Family Guy when I got off work last night at 11:30. We ended up shooting the shit until 3:30am. I still couldn't fall asleep until 4. I don't even know why I bothered going to bed, I had to be at Walgreen's at 7am this morning.

Crazy busy day at "the green's". I am glad I was there to see one of the tech's go into the fridge to grab some insulin, only to find that the pharmacist had put her dinner (spaghetti) with perfect precision on top of the fridge. All I heard her say was "Umm...Denise(the owner of the spaghetti)...help" in a calm voice. I turned around to see this pretty girl with long brunette hair that had spaghetti colored highlights, no wait that is spaghetti! HOLY CRAP! I immediately thought that no one could have purposely set that up so perfectly. I didn't know what to do, fall on the ground and laugh or have a heart attack at how impossible that it was that that just happened. Luckily the girl had a good sense of humor and was laughing harder than everyone else. Unfortunately I was not as lucky in a similar situation that occurred a year ago. I was feeling silly(as usual), so I took a hanging shelf separator and put it on backwards. A shelf separator keeps that drug bottles from mixing with each other. It is a piece of clear plastic about 18 inches long, 2 inches wide and 1/2 in thick. When you put them in backwards they stick out 18 inches out from the shelf. I precisely placed it at the forehead level. I then placed a nice little note under it that read "In case of emergency, insert into head" We all had a good laugh, then got really busy. So busy that unfortunately I forgot to take it down and "Spaghetti highlights" forgot it was there as well. She was reaching for a bottle and gored her head on it. She tore it off the wall(ended up taking down the whole shelf as well) and threw it across the pharmacy. Then broke down into tears. Let me tell you, I have never felt so bad in all my life. Luckily she was crying over her self-proclaimed stupidity in goring her head, than the actual injury itself. Irregardless I still apologize to this day over that.

There was an adult meeting at the Delpra's house tonight so I jetted over there after mass. I was an hour and a half early so I chatted it up with Celeste until Tony and Dan got home. I ended up leaving before the meeting actually started because I was feeling the pain of sleep deprivation.

Did another comment in Justin's blog from the other day too.

Now I must some how force myself to go to bed. I have to work at Sweed's tomorrow from 6am-2:30pm, then hustle over to "the green's" and work til 11:30pm. I am a sucker for punishment. Lord loves a working man.

1 comment:

Buddhist, RN said...

Many good posts are a result of insomnia. In my case, they're also more incoherent than usual. But usually a good read. I tend to write stream of consciousness anyway.