Monday, November 20, 2006

Lots of stuff going on currently. Seems like a lot of people around me are having all kinds of problems. I can't go into detail with them(for the sake of all their privacy). I was talking to my dad about all of it and he gave me a lot of insight on "spreading oneself too thin." As a lot of people have told me, one of my "gifts" is that I love to help people whether it be with something that requires physical labor or just to listen to someone who is having a bad day. Lately though it seems that I have been going a little overboard with it. I am so happy that I can be their for everyone, but it is coming to the point where it is downright depressing.

Another revelation that I had in the past few weeks is that my "helper" attitude can actually hurt people in the long run. In a few cases I have found that helping out a buddy with money issues (buying dinner, or buying the drinks at the bar) has in a way made him comfortable with me doing that. Therefore there is not as much of a drive for him to really pursue a job as hard as he should be. This type of situation has been occuring in a lot of relationships that I have. Of course this is not going to change my attitude toward generosity, I just need to learn to be more careful when using it.

Chris moved in yesterday. His dad dropped by today to drop off some of his stuff. We got into a conversation about outdoors trips (canoeing, backpacking, etc.) He reminded me about caving. There is a place called Eagle Cave in Wisconsin that I wanna check out sometime this winter. I have not been caving since I was 10 so it should be a fun trip. Gotta call Justin W. and tell him that he is going caving with us this winter. That's right tell you Justin!! Not ask.

6 comments:

Justin said...

New Year's Eve?

Bom Bom said...

Let's do it. Know anyone who would like to go? It has to be a POP thing, because only Boy Scout Troops and church groups are allowed in during the winter.

Justin said...

I only have a day and a half off, so will Friday evening thru Monday afternoon be enough time? There are various possibilities of interested people here, I think we could make something happen. How about making another blog post with info about it so anyone who wants can chime in with comments/interest?

(oh, and just noticed you set your blog to not allow anonymous comments... unless you have a problem with it, i'd recommend turning that off so that anyone can comment even if they don't have a blogger account)

Justin said...

(oh yeah another comment about the blog - when you make a link to a website, make sure you type in the http:// part, otherwise the links don't work when you click on them)

Bom Bom said...

Ok I changed those settings. Yeah I think it would be a good idea to setup a blog for that trip. If i have time I will start it up tonight at work!

Justin said...

might be overkill to make a whole new blog for it, but up to you. you could just post a new entry in this one or your household one