Friday, February 09, 2007

Back on thirds for the weekend.

I came to the realization today that I am not where I want to be spiritually. It really is crazy the way that I get all excited and into my prayer life then gradually stop. I finally realize that I am off the path after a month or so and repeat the process. I think the flaw that keeps me in this cycle is everything else in my life is very much the same. With school, I will be into it for the first 3 weeks and then just become lazy the the next 2, then play catchup on the last. Weird. Anyways, I am going to have to figure out a way to combat this mentality if I am going to change.

I have decided to start investing more of my money. I tend to spend frivolously at times, so making my money less accessible will help me combat this. I am trying out some EFT's for the first year or two I think, the rest I will keep in a money market account. I think I will burn my plans for buying another house for a couple years due to how bad the housing market is at this point. I read in two different articles that 1. the housing market hit it's peak. and 2. you can get a lot more back on your investment investing in the market than investing in property right now. Plus, I find investing to be kind of fun in a stress outlet sort of way.

My health care organization's class is wrapping up this Monday! I can't wait to get into a different class. This one was starting to get on my nerves. I liked the people I was working with, but there was a lot of work and some of it involved PowerPoint presentations(yuck!).

No comments: